Thursday, June 16, 2005

(EXTRA!) The kids in Cambodia...

I've never done more than use the Title section of my posts - that was the intention when I created this site more than a year ago. But I have something to say about this particular title:

You know, I'm sorry I even mentioned this article here. I started this site because I wanted a very mindless, very non-vulnerable, very non-serious blog for awhile. This article was the opposite. Reading more of the details this morning made me simultaneously want to throw up and punch my screen. I am beginning to totally feel the statement 'I don't watch (read) the news anymore because it's just full of negativity'. On the one hand, I don't want to ignore what's going on in the world - that's reality. On the other hand, I HATE - nay, *DESPISE* - the fact that these things happen, whatever 'these things' are. A two-year-old little precious baby boy. Shot in THE HEAD. Because he was CRYING TOO MUCH.

Um, huh?

I can't believe the TWO-YEAR-OLD WAS CRYING WHEN SIX MEN ENTERED HIS SCHOOL WITH SHOTGUNS, SCREAMING AT EVERYONE AND THREATENING TO SHOOT THEM.

My chest feels heavy.

I have two children. They're my purpose. It's easier - fulfilling, even - to get up and live each day. To carry out seemingly mundane responsibilities that, at one point in my life, I wanted to forget. Reading about somebody else's child and this kind of horror makes me panic, breathe heavy, want to throw up. I think it's called empathy. That's my gift. And mostly it just hurts.

6 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Heather said...

You are horrible!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Phoenixwaller said...

...deserve a few days off from school.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I agree. It's nice that somebody has paid attention to more than just that MJ attention-whore on CNN.com!!!

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they should hire ninjamonkeys to protect the schools. Come on...kids l-o-v-e monkeys-and with our mad invisiblity and ninja skill we would seriously F-up any one who would try to hurt them. People who hurt childern make ninjamonkey very very angry.

On the serious side though---I feel really bad for those kids--esp the little Canadian boy---

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Phoenixwaller said...

It's strange how the whole incident was glossed over in the american media. We went from Jackson to Schaivo, and this was barelyy mentioned.

As bad as it is things like this remind us all to support independent media, those who work to bring us the truth.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Yeah...I really don't know what was going on inside my head when I made it a 'beginning'. So. Not. The. Place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home